Wednesday, April 22, 2009

While Mom's away....

So the boys and I have been on our own for just about six hours, and already we've spent some time cruising downtown, made a stop at a liquor store, picked up some chicks, at least one of us passed out in the back of the car, and when we got home we watched a show with killers in it.

Mom would not approve--or would she?

We ended up cruising downtown because we wanted to see the Santa Maria on the waterfront and it took forever to find a parking spot. When we finally did find one, I didn't have any change, so we gave up and decided to go to the Japanese grocery store instead.

That's how we ended up at the liquor store--borrowing a phone book because without the QB around I don't know how to find anything in Columbus. I got the address and we went to the store to pick up ingredients for Okonamiyaki.

Afterward we stopped at McDonald's and picked up some CHICKen McNuggets and a few waters.

The Monkey, who didn't get a nap today, was passed out in his car seat before we cleared the city limits.

We got home about 8:30 pm, just in time to get a call from the QB who was then waiting in the Dallas-Fort Worth airport for her connecting flight to Lubbock. We said our i-love-yous and then the boys and I watched a show about KILLER whales. We read a few books and they were asleep by 9:45 pm. Not bad, considering.

The QB will be in Lubbock with her mom until Saturday and hopefully they will find somewhere for us to live this fall. This is the first time she's been on a trip without me or the kids since...hmmm...since I can't remember. It should be a vacation for her, if for nothing else than the uninterrupted reading time on the plane.

Meanwhile I am taking a little time off of work to be home with the boys, and in between Lincoln log towers and games of catch outside (and mostly after bedtime) I'll be finishing up my thesis and turning it in to a friend/copy editor to give it a final close read before I submit it to my committee for final review at the beginning of May.

We'll miss you while you're gone QB. Have fun!

No comments: