Sunday, April 12, 2015

5 THINGS I'M THANKFUL FOR TODAY

1. Air travel.  I left Minneapolis this morning at 7:30 and arrived back in Springville, UT in time for 1pm church. 

2. My boys. They were all very happy to see me come home (okay, so they knew I had some small gifts and a little candy for each of them, but still..)

3. Melissa. It just takes a few days on the road to appreciate her friendship and company. I went to the Walker Art Institute in Minneapolis and kept wanting to ask Melissa's opinion about the art. I have a good idea of what she'll like and what she won't, but I like to here her explanations of why (she took me to an art museum on our third date as a test of sorts to see if I could last an entire exhibit.).  The Walker was fantastic, but not as good without Melissa.

4. Sunday School.  We read Alma 7:11-14 today and talked about the broad scope of the atonement--not just Jesus's power to conquer sin, but the mystery of His ability to soak up sickness and sorrow, pulverize pain, eradicate infirmities, and mollify every malady. Class members talked about the challenges faced by loved ones -  everything from mental illness to drug abuse, and to hear their stories was humbling.

5. home.

“How often have I lain beneath rain on a strange roof, thinking of home.”  ― William Faulkner

“The ache for home lives in all of us. The safe place where we can go as we are and not be questioned.” ― Maya Angelou,


No comments: