Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Growing

Kids have a funny way of growing up without their parents really noticing. I mean, I noticed that the clothes go too small and I had to start spelling conversations with my husband over dinner but somehow I thought my Baseball man was going to stay little forever. And whamo! Now he's done with preschool. It's fun though to watch him learn about this world and all the things I know, but don't realize I had to learn at some point. One day that will be a high school graduation cap and I'll say the same thing, "But he was just a baby!" I'm reminded to treasure these young years when I occasionally I look at him and get a little flicker of the slightly gangling, dusty blonde boy he will be as a teenager. We love you Mr. Baseball, don't grow up too fast!

No comments: