Saturday, August 25, 2007

Pictures from the past few weeks...

Two weeks before we left for Ohio, Callan and I made a paper train complete with one car for each remaining day in Utah. On Sunday the 12th, we had four days left.



The Day after Jason helped me install this new screen door, Nolan discovered he could pull up on it and see outside. He was very pleased with himself.


Amid the bustle of packing, Melissa held still long enough for me to capture her smiling.


Callan was very interested in helping us paint and we were very interested in him not getting paint all over himself and the floor. He did a great job keeping the paint where it should be and actually painted quite a bit of the wall. He didn't even complain when I went over his area with a roller, "to even everything out," I told him.


I don't know if this was our last Sunday or the week earlier, but we really miss being able to walk to Church. The Chapel here is 15 minutes away, which is still really close, and we're excited to be in a new branch with new faces and new opportunities to help out. Cal and I went to lunch at with a brother from the branch last week after church who teaches organ at the university. I mentioned that Melissa had been playing the Organ a bit lately, and he said "great. I'm the executive secretary and I was just talking with the branch president about calling an organist." There's a scout troop here too, so I'm liable to find myself in a familiar calling, but who knows.





The apartment is a bit smaller than our old house, but the sink is still big enough for Nolan.



Mike, Cristi, and Aubrey were an immeasurable help in getting last minute packing/cleaning/storing done and we are SO grateful for their help. They taxied Melissa to and from the house after I left, helped watch kids too, and even dealt with the left overs that Melissa couldn't get to before her flight left--all in the middle of getting ready to move themselves. We couldn't have done it without them. We're going to miss them being so close and being able to do Sunday dinner/FHE/birthdays etc. with them. They're fun, and they sacrificed a lot this past week to help us leave.


Here's our front door. Number 5. The place has character, if it doesn't have elbow room. And the fact that I don't have to mow a lawn, fix a leaky faucet, change a furnace filter, paint a wall, rehang a door, or otherwise be handy is worth almost any amount of downsizing. The only real question now is what am I going to do with my Saturdays now that I don't have a house to work on? oh yeah, graduate school.






No comments: