Sunday, August 3, 2008

Another funny note on discipline

Often when Mr. Baseball throws a tantrum we remove him to the bathroom where he can either sit with us or by himself (his choice) and calm down before he returns to be part of the family. This means that occasionally Mr. Baseball ends up behind the closed bathroom door alone, screaming his lungs out. So today, when the Monkey broke down into tears when I told him that we weren't going to watch a "Bob the Builder" DVD, he sent himself into the bathroom. I'd been holding him, trying to softly explain that we weren't going to turn on the television and trying to get him interested in something else when he wiggled out of my arms and, stills screaming, walked into the bathroom, shut the door behind him, and proceeded to imitate Mr. Baseball's tantrum screaming. I'm not sure what was going through his mind, but the fact that he's imitating his older brother was a fairly reliable sign that things have been rough around here lately.

1 comment:

Cynthia's Blog said...

I'll tell you what my mom told me. "When they are teenagers, you will wish for days like this."

Obama'08, I think it is his year.