Wednesday, February 3, 2010

our kitchen floor...

These pictures are a little old, but the project was so much fun we couldn't just let it go by without posting some proof of it. Our kitchen, which we love, had very old, very gross industrial strength carpet down on the floor, and now it doesn't. It only took two days and about 16 hours. The boys even helped.

Two tones of carpet. Keep the rough side rough and the shaggy side shaggy.


First we had to move the fridge. Then I had to pass out. Then I had to wake up and clean under the fridge. Yuck.




Beneath the carpet, we have lovely linoleum. I was almost tempted to leave it this way. Almost.






We used laminate flooring. Lowes has a great brand (Surlock?) that comes in four-foot strips.




I started pulling carpet about eight P.M. Monday, and this picture was take at about 6pm Tuesday. Done.

4 comments:

Angie said...

Nice job! Want to come do my kitchen now?

Jason Franklin said...

Wish I was there Joe...no pressure, but you better take a teaching job back in Utah.

JSK said...

Wow! What a difference! Looks great. (I would have put an exclamation point there too, but I thought that might be overkill.)

Alyssa said...

Congrats on the floor (looks great)-- and the baby (I'm sure he looks great too)!