Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Taking Applications

I posted this on Facebook yesterday:

Taking applications for an assistant. Preference given to persons who can always tell me what's on my calendar, return library books before they are due, schedule meetings and Dr. appointments, organize my desk, pack and then unpack my house, pack suitcases for a trip and find me a new car. Anybody, anybody? Pay will be in the form of home cooked dinners. (Tonight's is Indian food and homemade naan if you can start today!) Oh and I just remembered a few more things: wash and fold laundry, sign loan documents, make a birthday cake, chauffeur children, and babysit on occasion.

And since I wrote that I remembered a few other things: hound the renters about paying rent on time, find a vinyl remnant to replace the carpet in the bathrooms of the new house (ick!), clean the windows, etc. of the new house, take pictures for the insurance and call about ALL the address changes, oh and convince the Texas government that since we just received our licenses in the mail a week ago we shouldn't have to pay $20 more dollars to get ones with our new address and wait another six weeks for them to come in the mail. Open until filled...

And if you think I'll just sit around with my feet up while the assistant does all the work, HA! We've started homeschooling and especially since I'm new it takes much of my focus right now. We really really like it though, and Mr. Baseball is a much happier boy. It's not something I had planned on but really felt like it was the right thing to do. I also need to remember that I'm 4 1/2 months pregnant; naps are not a luxury but a necessity! And our family needs to eat. Taco Bell and Little Cesars don't count as food.

Every day in the midst of the busy-ness I think, "Oh! I should post about that on the blog. Maybe tomorrow."

Here's snippet for today:

I peeked into the "cave" where The Monkey was sitting, pretending to be a dinosaur.

"Do you want some books to look at in there?"

"No, dinosaurs don't have books."

long pause

"
They have meat! Can you bring me some meat?"


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really liked this as your FB comment, and I really like it here, too. :)

Btw, we wanted tile in our new place but we couldn't put it in ourselves until after we close, so we'll be taking out the brand spankin' new vinyl. You are welcome to it if you want to take it home with you when you come in a few weeks!